My bio

Mom decided I needed a new venue to post all my cutie pics and brag about all the new things I'm doing. Thus this blog was born. This goes out to all my peeps that want to tune in to the Vallie G Show 24 /7.

Friday, June 29, 2012

The Museums!

  
We went to see Neto today at the Nasher Sculpture Center. We also wanted to check out Erick Swenson's exhibit as he is one of dad's ole Good/Bad buddies.  Mom thought V would love Neto, but it was actually quite scary to her.  First we had to put on booties and that made her very mad.  Then when we were walking in Neto is was loud and swinging and really difficult to walk through.  It was a very interesting experience.  Vallie asked me why we had to wear the booties, and I told her, "Artists like to make us do weird things sometimes."
What Vallie really loved were Swenson's slugs climbing the beer stein and the headless people in the garden with the large feet. (Luckily she missed Swenson's deer- but it was my fav!)


Vallie kept asking me if we were going to go the, "Museum (she) went to as a baby."  She remembers the trip we made to the DMA when she was 18 months old! 

So Auntie Em and I took Val to the DMA to see some Jackson Pollock paintings.  Vallie really loves Jackson Pollock paintings because of an Olivia book!  At the DMA she made some of her own sculptural art, we saw the Pollock pieces, and ate some lunch.  It was a great day!



Some kids going through Neto:

No comments:

Post a Comment